Activities in the surroundings
Cycling, walking, skeelering, Nordic-walking is possible. A tour with the car or motorcycle in the countryside or towards the coast and beach, which is only a few kilometres from the Kienstee would also be an option.
Breskens with its active fishing fleet in the harbour and the yacht marina, its fishery museum is at a distance of a 10-minute-drive. Taste freshly caught fish in the harbour where they are at their best. Make long walks on the beach or just enjoy the sea.
Worthwhile visiting are also:
- Groede with its beautiful market place and the historic museum street: Slijkstraat
- IJzendijke has a museum/info centre Het Bolwerk and its own walking tour, fortifications and a working windmill
- Retranchement and Schoondijke also have working windmills
- Sint Anna ter Muiden is certainly worth visiting for its picturesque centre
- Biervliet has a windmill. Dairy farm de Vos is well-known for its homemade dairy produce and the village is also famous for being the birthplace of Willem Beukelszoon the inventor of “haringkaken”, the gutting of herring.
- Nieuwvliet has a museum pub “Het Koekoeksnest” and delta flying field and in- and outdoor Centre Boerenhoeve
- Eede has its Victoria Maze and playing garden ‘t Krekeltje
- Oostburg, Unicorn city with its modern shopping centre is situated in the heart of West Zeeuws Vlaanderen. Just outside Oostburg you can find a Parelli horseman and not far from it a horse dairy farm of the Nortier-Buijze family with their big working farm horses
- Sluis offers many shops, outdoor cafés, the Belfort, grain mill De Brak, the historic fortifications, Ostrich farm Monnikenwerve etc……
In the area several events and festivities are organised.
The Kienstee is 10 kilometers away from the Belgian border
The Kienstee is even very close to neighbouring country Belgium. Cities which are a must to visit are Bruges and Ghent with their treasures of culture and history.
Knokke with its many shops and magnificent nature reservation ‘t Zwin
In short there is no reason to feel bored!
De Kromme Watergang (Slijkplaat / Hoofdplaat)
If you make a reservation for the Kromme Watergang, you can leave your car at home. Transport to and from the restaurant is provided.
Spuiplein 41 (Breskens)
Bistro de Buurman (Breskens)
Steakhouse the Bull (Breskens)
De kluiver (Breskens)
't Vissershuis (Breskens)
Het Stadhuis (Oostburg)
De Eenhoorn (Oostburg)
Brasserie Niveau (Watervliet) just across the border
Vuurtoren Breskens (Breskens)
Kaasboerderij de Vos (Biervliet)
Museumcafé - Koekoeksnet (Nieuwvliet)
de Groene polderwinkel (Schoondijke)
Struisvogelboerderij - Monnikenwerve (Sluis)
Cadsandria en Siersmederij (IJzendijke)